Perfectly poised on the heels of the Vermont garlic harvest season is the Food Festival Season. Foodies drool as the season commences with the Vermont Fresh Network event at Shelburne Farms.
The Vermont Fresh Network brings farmers and chefs together to build partnerships and amazing meals. The quality of life here in Vermont and the beauty of our landscape depend a great deal on the success of these relationships and the existence of sustainable small farms. These regional connections contribute to stronger local communities, their economies and gastronomies (even if that is not exactly a word).
It is no surprise that the event at the Coach Barn at Shelburne Farms is called the tastiest culinary and agricultural event of the season. It brings together great food and great chefs. The theme this year was “An Edible Journey through Vermont’s Foodways,” exploring the path of local agricultural products from field to fork.
Next Up on the Vermont Food Festival Circuit are:
- 3rd Annual Taste of Woodstock – Woodstock, VT – August 13th
- Slow Food Vermont – Heirloom Tomatoes, Seriously – Jericho, VT – August 28th
- Taste of the Deerfield Valley – Mount Snow – September 10
- 10th Annual Small Farms Food Fest – Shelburne Orchard, Shelburne, VT – September 11
- 16th Annual Southern Vermont Garlic and Herb Festival – Vermont Stinks – Bennington, VT – September 3 &4
- Killington Farm to Table – Two Delicious Days of Vermont’s Best – September 16-17
- Vermont Life Wine & Harvest Festival – Mount Snow Valley – September 23-25